Michigan child support attorneyChild Support can be modified either by agreement of the parties or by court order.

The Parties’ Agreement to Modify Support

The parents can always agree to modify child support. If the parties agree to do so, they still need to draft the proper documents and ask a judge to approve the change. Ordinarily, a judge will approve of the change unless the amount of support is below Michigan guidelines. If the amount is below guidelines, the parties must convince the judge that (1) it is justified; and (2) the amount will still adequately support the children.

Full Read